Baby Growth Tracking

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Welcome to Our Blog

Greetings everyone and welcome to my blog. I should actually say OUR blog, since this is going to be mostly about the wonders of being a new parent, and there would be no wonders of parenthood without a baby. So this blog is about me, but it is also about Aiden. My wife will likely play a role as well from time to time, since she has a part in this whole thing to.

So a brief introduction. My name is Mike Molloy I am "Aiden's Daddy" and a newbie at this daddy thing, my wife is Raquel, we are in our early 30's and three months ago we welcomed our first child into the world. His name is Aiden, and we are super proud of him. Before Aiden was born Raquel and I sat down and looked at our finances and decided that we could afford for me to cut back from my full-time job to working part-time and staying home with Aiden during the day. That allows us to be free of daycare for the moment, and makes me something of a "stay-at-home" dad.

We live in Nashville Tennessee, which is where Raquel grew up, and her family is here. So we have a great support network behind us. My parents are three hours drive away and we get the opportunity to see them often, so Aiden's grandparents are deffinately a part of this story too.

I hope to post daily, but sometimes the posts may come every couple of days, depending on what is going on in our little world. So stop by frequently. Feel free to post comments. If you know someone who is a new daddy or is about to become one, or might one day become one, send them on by. I hope to post a lot of good tips and tricks for how we make it through Aiden's first years.

Thanks for stopping by! See you soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning, Aiden's Daddy!

This one is from Aiden's grandma, Mimi ;-) I am loving this idea since it means we will get daily (Daily???) reports on our little guy...you and Raquel, too. And this will become a journal of sorts that you all can enjoy as he grows older. What fun! Hope it will include more pictures, too. Grandparents (and great-grandparents) can't get enough of those pictures.
Good luck, Mike!
Love,
MOM

Gene said...

Sounds like a great idea. Mamaw & I will enjoy it. Good luck.
Papaw