Baby Growth Tracking

Monday, October 6, 2008

The Park

We made it to the park on Thursday (after nap time). Aiden had a really good time exploring everything. He loved the swing, and the slide, and the wood chips. Yeah... he had to pick up all the wood chips on the ground and put them somewhere else (especially in other parents' hands).

We spent about an hour and a half at the park, and Aiden enjoyed every minute, climbing all over everything, sliding down the slides, falling down and scaring daddy to death, but just getting up and continuing on. I had to let him keep his pacifier, because if his pacifier wasn't in his mouth he was trying to shove wood chips in.

The pictures and videos probably demonstrate the fun he had out there better than words.

I will say, the park can be a pretty vicious place, parent wise. I witnessed several parents get pretty unhappy with each other. Including one bout where one mom randomly went over and started rummaging through another mom's diaper bag. Then she got all indignant when the owner of the bag was upset about her invasion of the other woman's property.

The other thing I noticed, was the desire to tell some people how to parent, and the battle you have to wage to keep your mouth shut. For instance, there was a little girl, probably about four years old, who fell down on the sidewalk. Her mother was (I think) sitting at one of the picnic tables chatting with some other moms while her little girl bawled her eyes out. I don't know if the girl was bleeding or not, but from the look of the fall, I would imagine she at least had some scraped knees. Aiden even walked by and looked at her to try to see if she why she was crying, but the mom didn't come to the girl's rescue, letting her lay there bawling. Who am I to say anything, but geeze.... call me overprotective, but I hope there never comes a time where I am desensitized to Aiden's cries so much that I ignore him when he might be bleeding.

We went back to the park today and took mommy with us. It was a good time once again, although we didn't get to spend as long since we had to go across town for bowling. But we had a good time, and mommy was able to chase Aiden around some so daddy wasn't quite so worn out.












No comments: