Baby Growth Tracking

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Boo Boo

Well. We have a Big ol Boo-Boo to display tonight. Last night while playing around in the living room, Aiden managed to trip and bonked his head on the tv. IMMEDIATELY his little forehead swelled up with a big old goose egg. Amazingly, this was the first time he got a bump like that. Our injuries tend more the the scratch and bruise variety. So we were a little concerned at first. But he was acting normal and after having a good cry and playing with the ice cubes, he went back to his normal playing routine. This morning the swelling was almost gone, and unless you knew he had hit his head you might not even notice the injury.

So we have a picture of the goose egg for you, taken about 5 minutes after the fall, once he had settled down and was happily playing with his teething rings while we just tried to get one cold thing on his head for 30 seconds or more.

Yesterday was an eventful day. He took 1 nap of about 15 minutes and that left him pretty grumpy. Grumpy enough to throw a couple of temper tantrums at me. One of which lasted over an hour of non-stop crying with no source of comfort, I held him, rocked him, offered food and drink, and tried to get him to sleep, none of which worked. Ungh...

It certainly didn't help that it rained ALL DAY and he couldn't play outside. He LOVES taking his toys out into the yard and playing outside. But with the rain he was a little confused. He got out onto the deck and took a look at the rain (images below). Eventually he did go out and run around on the deck and get a little wet, he even tried to go down into the yard, which is when I stopped him. I expected a more negative reaction to the rain, but he took it in stride and just enjoyed being outside for a bit.

At the bottom is a short dancing video from a play date Aiden had this morning. Also a picture of Aiden and his cousin playing at his Aunt's baby Shower for the new cousin who is due in about a month!

Enjoy!

















2 comments:

The Linns said...

I am SO proud that you did not rush him to the ER! I am, however, disappointed that my phone didn't ring with a billion questions from my girl...she must be growing up and more independent of me. (It's not like she ever listened to my medical knowledge when she was pregnant, though!) By the way, I don't see much of that Puertan Rican influence in that white boy dancing! Miss you guys!

Young Dad said...

I remember my sons first fall. I felt horrible. But now he rarely cries and just continues on like nothing ever happened. Kids are definitely a lot stronger than we think.