Baby Growth Tracking

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Aiden goes to the Zoo

So it was a absolutely beautiful day here in Nashville, so I decided Aiden was going to go on his first trip to the Zoo. I had only been to the Nashville Zoo once previously, and several new exhibits have been opened. Our Zoo is a beautiful well laid out place, and the first time I was there I thought it would be a good place to just go for a walk. An annual membership only costs $55 and will get me, the wife, and Aiden in as many times as we like for a year. My goal is to get down there once a week or more to go for a stroll and see the animals. It gives me a chance to get some needed exercise, and a chance to get Aiden out of the house and experiencing animals, and other people. He was more interested in the other people that were all around him, rather than the animals way off in the distance. But it was still a lot of fun. The pictures below are of Aiden staring down a meerkat. A couple of pictures of us in the bird Aviary, where I actually managed to get one of the birds on my hand, but it flew off before I could get it up close to Aiden for a picture. And the two of us outside the elephant exhibit. There are three elephants in the background of that shot, but they are too far away to actually see them in the picture.

All told we spent about 2 hours down there and uncle Jonathon came along and pushed the stroller while I carried Aiden, and took the pictures for us. Good times had by all. Now hopefully he will sleep all the way through the night after such an exciting day.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sooooo, where are the videos you promised blogs ago? I also hear there might be a really good picture of Aiden with his beautiful, young grandmother!

Love,
MIMI