Baby Growth Tracking

Monday, April 14, 2008

Checking In.

No, Sorry... no video's for you today. But I wanted to pop in and say howdy to anyone who makes a point of checking this site on a regular basis. I know it has been over a week since my last update... It just seems that things keep getting busier and busier. You would think that with only working 15 hours a week I would be able to find the time to sit down and type up a update once in awhile. But the fact is, Taking care of Aiden really is a full time job in its own right. You know they always say that, but until you have done it, it really doesn't hit you.

People without children can sit back and go "you stay at home with your kid? Sheesh, what a life!" And that is kind of the way I thought about it before Aiden joined us, think of all the free time you will have. But the truth of it is, at almost 9 months, you can't let the child out of your site for a minute or he will have fallen and bumped his head, or gotten into the dog's food, or who knows what else. With as few naps as our little one takes it is hard to get the laundry done, let alone do much of anything else. I haven't gotten to go golfing in eons, and the little things you used to just do "whenever" now have to be planned out around the baby's schedule. And heaven forbid you get home with a load of grocieries, bring the baby in, unpack everything, and realize you forgot the butter. Running back out just isn't as simple as it once was.

Not that I would trade any of it for anything. Being a parent rocks! I just didn't know what I was getting into way back when. It's an adjustment. It really is.

All that to say that yes I still have videos I need to upload, and yes more pictures will be coming, but I will just have to get to them when I can get to them. It is hard to set deadlines when your day is filled with the smiling face of a nine month old. :-)

No comments: