Baby Growth Tracking

Monday, June 8, 2009

Baby Growth Tracking on the iPhone

Every once in awhile I will get an email from someone representing a company, charity, or what have you wanting me to post a blurb in the blog about their product or service. For the most part these are things I have never heard of or used, and I pass on giving a mention of something I really can't vouch for. But I do want to take a moment to mention one product that I can vouch for, because my brother created it.

Aiden's Uncle works with Apps for the iphone/Ipod Touch. Mostly he is scripting something the company he works for is creating for the market, but he is also allowed to work on some of his own stuff and release it. He has released a product that I think will be wonderful for parents who own Ipod Touch or Iphones, Unfortunately, I don't have either, so I really can't test it out for you, but you can see a pretty good demo on the website http://apps.yellowpop.com/BabyGrow.html

Since I can't test it and tell you what it does, I am just going to copy the description from the website. And maybe Aiden's Uncle will stop in and make some additional comments. There is a banner link for the site at the top of the blog, so you can find it anytime.

"Track your baby's weight, length, and head circumference as he (or she!) grows. Charts for the measurements help you visualize your child's progress. Keep an eye on your baby's percentile rankings using data from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or the World Heath Organization (WHO).

  • Monitor the progress of an unlimited number of children, from birth to 36 months.
  • Produce growth charts for Weight for Age, Length for Age, Head Circumference for Age and Weight for Length.
  • Understand your child's growth patterns with accurate percentile information from the CDC and WHO.
  • Instantly obtain percentiles for measurements for babies of any age from birth to 36 months.

If you would like any additional information, there is a really good little demo on the website, and I am sure if you post questions in the comments section on this posting that the author himself may be able to come by and help out!

Here's the Website link again: http://apps.yellowpop.com/BabyGrow.html

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A few other features that Mimi knows about: That cute little picture of Sean can be replaced with a picture of the parents' own child(ren). The colors on the graphs are changeable, as well as using dots or lines. And, you can get a quick glance at your child's progress with a quarter months setting.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the plug, Mike! I really appreciate it, especially since you don't usually plug products on your site. Between the description you posted, and what Mimi added, pretty much everything is covered. I designed the app to do one thing and one thing well, so while there might not be a ton of features, what is there is as user friendly, accessible, and functional as I could make it.

I will go ahead and say that I do have a couple new features planned for a future version that are pretty neat! I don't want to spill the beans yet, but I think it'll be pretty exciting. Of course, as with all iPhone apps, upgrades are free, so anyone who buys my app today will get the new features when I release them, for free!