Baby Growth Tracking

Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Great Computer Crash

So things have been quiet here at the Newbie Daddy sight. I've been fighting a non-stop drag out fight with my computer for the past week. I've had a Compaq desktop for a couple of years now, and last week it started to get some Stop Errors (the Blue Screen of Death). For a couple of days it was an annoyance but once the computer restarted I was okay. But over the course of the week things got progressively worse, and the errors were always different. I used to Supervise a computer Upgrade Center, so I kinda know my way around a computer. But when the BSOD is different every time it is a tough glitch ti figure out. Everything was pointing to hardware problems, so I progressively replaced every component of the computer to eliminate each in turn. nothing solved the error, I finally came to the conclusion that the errors were coming from the mother board. So it was time to either find a motherboard that was compatible with all of my other components and hope it all worked, or upgrade to a new computer.


I found a little eMachines box that will do everything I need the desktop to do at a reasonable price at Best Buy, so we went ahead and did the upgrade. This means I will have my picture storing computer back and can get my posts in. LOL

in the meantime, on Wednesday, Aiden's new cousin came into the world. His new Cousin Desmond was born Wednesday night. Aiden got to meet him yesterday and the results were about what you would expect. He was a little hesitant and anxious about daddy holding this little tiny baby in his lap. A lap that belongs to Aiden. hehe.

Here are the pictures from that encounter to tide you over until I have the new computer all set up and ready to go.

No comments: