Baby Growth Tracking

Friday, February 8, 2008

Aiden goes to work!

It has taken me a couple of days to get to writing the entry. I have THE FLU and it has been kicking my you know what. I started getting to feeling bad on Tuesday morning, and by Tuesday night I was not very pleasant to be around at all. Wednesday morning came and I could not pick Aiden up without getting really dizzy. Since I am the stay at home dad, this was going to be a problem.

Fortunately the wife has a lot of family in Nashville and she immediately got on the phone to try to find someone to take care of the little one for the day, since I was in no condition to do so. After several calls, and calling the daycare where we work, she got a call from her cousin, who said he could take Aiden in to work with him since he has a private office and was only going in for a half day. So Aiden went to work!

Apparently, midway through the morning Aiden's Grandfather who works in the same building as Raquel's cousin decided he needed to steal Aiden and parade him around and show off to all of his co-workers. After showing Aiden the sights, he took the little one into his office where he was about to have a meeting. Apparently Aiden took over the meeting, sitting with Grandpa and letting everyone know what he thought with his favorite new consonant, the letter B. So the meeting must have been very productive with chatter of Baa... boooo.. ba be baaaa. as background. But I am sure Aiden thought he got a lot accomplished.

Fortunately for yours truly, Aiden's grandmother was able to take Thursday off and take care of the little one for me to get another day of rest in. I'm getting better, but the flu sucks.... meanwhile Aiden had his first day at work, and he made a great impression.

No comments: