Baby Growth Tracking

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Breaking the Bouncer Habit

Wow... doesn't seem like it has been a week since I posted. But then days tend to run together when you aren't getting a lot of sleep.

We're losing sleep here recently trying to break the "Bouncer Habit". Aiden has gotten used to sleeping in his bouncer at night, and he won't be able to stay in it a whole lot longer, as you can see from the picture in my last post, he squirms nearly out of it and could potentially get the whole thing turned over on him if we aren't watching. And he is about 4 pounds away from being too heavy for it.

So we are trying to get him sleeping in his crib, without the bouncer. He is not taking that too well. At this point I have to let him sleep in the bouncer for the first part of the night, then I can switch him to just the crib after his middle of the night bottle and he does okay. But Saturday night was just a mess... he wouldn't settle at all, bouncer or no bouncer. So it has been tough, but hopefully we are getting there.

Today we reached a landmark, or milestone, or what have you. Aiden has been able to sit on his own for awhile as long as you put him in a sitting position, but today, he actually pulled himself up into a sitting position on his own. He only did it once and I think he kind of pulled himself up with a cord he was grabbing at, but he had no assistance from me! I was soo proud.

I know I need to do better on these updates... I will do my best. ya'll hang in there and I will post when I can. :-)

No comments: