Baby Growth Tracking

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

A Different Night

One of the new things I have been trying the last few nights is giving Aiden a little extra formula in between his 7 and 11pm bottles. He seems to get fussy right around the 9 o'clock hour, so I gave him an extra 3 ounces the other night and that settled him right down, so I have continued to do it.

Last night, after finishing his extra bottle and his 11pm bottle, Aiden slept until 2:45, when he started grumping. I got up, gave him his pacifier and went and got his bottle ready. I sat down at the computer to wait for him to grump again. He didn't until almost 3:30. I got him up and tried to feed him, but he was not even remotely interested. Over the next 45 minutes, every time he fussed a little I offered the bottle, he would take a couple of sips and then go back to sleep. Between 3:30 and 4:15 he drank 2 ounces. Then I decided to put him back down. He got back up a little after 5 and Raquel gave him a little more. But he did not have a full fledged bottle between 11pm and 9am. Is this progress? We'll have to wait and see... But tonight when he fusses I am going to try the pacifier and go back to bed instead of assuming he is hungry and getting ready to feed him.

We'll see how that works out for us. :-)

No comments: