Baby Growth Tracking

Monday, December 24, 2007

Tis the Season?

Hard to believe it, but Christmas is upon us. For some reason this year I just haven't really felt the holiday spirit. Just all of the sudden, here it is, Christmas. I'm not sure if I haven't gotten into the spirit of things because so much time and attention goes to taking care of Aiden that I lose track of the calender, or if it is work (although work is just like last year) or maybe it is the fact that I have not done much holiday shopping at all. I kind of think that last option is the one that does it for me. The holiday's have always provided me a bit of an interesting challenge in trying to make sure I buy something useful and creative for everyone on my list. I hate giving gift cards (although I love getting them.... odd that). Gift cards take no thought. They are quick and easy, which is what most people like about them I suppose, but I guess one of my thought processes is that the gift is as much the thought that went into it as the item itself. I've always had trouble returning gifts I receive for that very same reason. So not shopping this year takes away from the Holiday feelings I suppose.

But I am off work for the first time in something like 9 years on Christmas day, and that will be a nice change for me. It will be Aiden's first Christmas, and although he is not anywhere near old enough to have a clue what is going on, it will be fun to sit in front of the tree with him and open gifts and see how he reacts.

You may have to wait for the Christmas update though... Busy time of the year and all, not sure if I will be able to make the time tomorrow night to upload photos or not. Be patient though, I will get them online for you. :-)

So Merry Christmas everyone! I hope your holiday season brings you everything you desire. Thanks for reading, and I'll see you soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Talk about putting thought into a gift...not to mention time! Papaw and Mimi's first gift of the day was a small padded envelope received in the mail on Monday but labeled, "Do not open until Xmas." Of course, curiosity almost killed the Mimi! But, I patiently waited until Papaw was up Christmas morning to tear into it.

Truthfully, I was expecting it to be the picture of Aiden with Santa Claus, so I was really surprised to find "Aiden James Molloy - The First 5 Months." Made to look like a video store DVD complete with "reviews," our Christmas gift was over an hour and a half of video and slides of our little baby grandson. I cannot think of a better Christmas gift in the world! Raquel and Mike, you needn't have worried about your gift to the family. It's perfect!

The only questions are 1)(from Papaw)Are you going to do this every year? and 2)(from Mimi) Andy???

Love,
MIMI