Baby Growth Tracking

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Baby's first big Holiday - I go to work

Yes, sadly it is true. Thanksgiving was the first major holiday for Aiden and Daddy had to go to work this evening. It was a compromise I had to make. Work Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve in order to get Christmas and New Years Day off. Worse things have happened, and we were only open until 7 tonight so I was able to head over to the grandparents house and get there about 8 while most everyone was still there.

Last night Aiden woke up for his 2am bottle, I went through the usual routine of putting his pacifier back in his mouth while I get his bottle ready. Well every once in awhile Aiden actually goes back to sleep while I am prepping his bottle. Last night was such a night. So I started wandering the internet, as ya do. I ran out of my usual places I look at during the night and thought I would start checking out some of the daddy blogs I have bookmarked here and there through my journey. While I was doing this a trend hit me. Most of the dad's out there are not using their little ones' names. They have cute nicknames like "Princess" or "Little Buddy" or "Munchkin" but they never use a proper name.

I understand in this day and age the more information you have out there the more risk you put yourself at, and for a second I wondered if I should go back into my blog and replace all of our names with cute little nicknames to be on the safe side. But then realization hit. If someone really wants to track me down, there are umpteen different ways to find out who we are without having any sort of name, heck, they have our pictures and that in itself would probably do the trick. So while I won't be posting our exact address on these blogs, I don't think I am prepared to resort to nicknames to maintain a veil of secrecy just yet. There's only about 5 people reading this anyway. :-)

No comments: