Baby Growth Tracking

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Rose Bowl Bound


So it was a good day to be an Ohio State Fan.
Okay, so the picture is from last week... I didn't want to jinx the Bucks by putting Aiden in the same outfit he wore during last weeks humiliation. But while Aiden was not decked out in the scarlet and grey this week, we cheered on as Ohio State managed to pull out the win in a sloppy Big House to secure at worst a trip to the Rose Bowl.
I don't remember if I have told this story or not, so if it is repetition I apologize... But Aiden is going to be a third (correction, forth) generation Buckeyes Fan (if I can help it). My dad is an Ohio State alumn and I remember watching Eddie George rip through defenses with him on Saturdays. Even though I didn't even consider Ohio State when I was looking at colleges (frankly I think I decided without much thought at all to go to UK) I grew up watching Ohio State football, so I have always been a fan.
There was a period there when I didn't really follow the team, probably because I was working on Cruise ships and didn't get much football on Saturdays, but the 2002 national title season brough me back to cheering for the Buckeye's for good. It was the first season I was not working on a boat, and it turned out to be a 14-0 season... worked out pretty well for me.
I tell people jokingly that I have a football team and a basketball team to cheer for, since I have been a lifelong fan of the Buckeyes in football, but they (until last season) had almost zero basketball presence. In the meantime, My UK Wildcats never did much in football, but they usually field a pretty decent basketball team...
Well.. it is past 1am and Aiden has decided he is not willing to settle down and sleep, so I am going to have to attend to him. Another rough night it seems. Aiden has hit what is apparently his 4 month growth spurt and is grumping and hungry a lot more than usual. Hopefully this spurt will pass in a couple of days, as before it came on we were doing pretty acceptably with the sleep habbits.
We'll have to wait and see...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mike,

If you're successful guiding Aiden's loyalties, he'll in fact be a 4th generation fan. Your grandfather Molloy was an ardent Buckeye's fan all during the 60's - the Woody era - and sure helped me get interested both in the college game, and in The Game.

Dad