Baby Growth Tracking

Monday, November 12, 2007

I hope it is always smiles

Just a few brief thoughts tonight.

As was suggested in one of my comments, Aiden is really getting to know who Daddy is. He smiles for me, laughs and talks for me like he will for no one else. Raquel is jealous sometimes I think because I have so much time with our little boy and she only has a few hours in the evening. There is no doubt that Aiden knows his mommy too and enjoys his time with her, but just spending so much of the day with his daddy has an effect.

I got to thinking today about the future a little bit. I try not to think too much ahead, other than to hope for the best in Aiden's life. But I know a lot of people with kids growing up and I know one day this little child of mine is going to rebel against me, or decide I am worthless, or in some other way have a negative opinion of his dad. That's natural I suppose. Most everyone has to go through this stage. But I can hope and dream that this one will always smile for daddy. I hope that he will always know that Daddy loves him very much and will always do anything to make him happy.

I hope it is always smiles. I know it won't be, sometimes it will be tears, sometimes it will be painful, but it will always be love. I can promise that to my son, and hope that he will never feel otherwise.

2 comments:

Mike said...

this is a test comment. it is only a test comment

Anonymous said...

Strange...it's a post entitled "I hope it is always smiles" that made me cry. Good job, Dad. :-)