Baby Growth Tracking

Friday, November 9, 2007

Tech Support Revisited

This afternoon I received a comment on my article about my experience with Tech support the other night. The comment is from a Gentleman by the name of Spencer who works for the PR arm of Symantec. It was a very nice comment with offers for assistance and to upgrade my software. I wanted to take a moment to acknowledge this comment and the good intentions behind it.

I have to assume Symantec employs people whose job it is to utilize a spider to crawl the internet looking for key phrases that send red flags that something needs to be addressed. I don't think Spencer was riveted to the rest of my blog and felt compelled to respond to it. What I expect Spencer got was something like this:

Source: http://newbiedaddy.com
Content: "Symantec" "Norton Internet Security" "Tech Support" "No Help" "Long wait" "frustrated" and so forth.

Spencer's job then is to come and comment on the blog an offer to make it right. Which is great. Love a company that is proactive and wants to help their clients!

Of course all of those target phrases were not directed at Symantec. Fact is, I never talked to anyone at Symantec, through no fault of theirs. I spoke to people with Comcast, Microsoft and HP, but never anyone from Symantec. And truth be told, the HP rep was very kind and helpful, the Microsoft rep was indifferent since I wasn't going to pay him. The only Tech support I really had any issue with was the gentleman from Comcast.

So Kudos to Symantec and Spencer for being proactive and going out and trying to make it right, we could all take a page out of that book.

That being said... I have found references to this same problem coming up for people as early as July of this year. In each instance the only way the problem was cleared was a complete uninstall of all Norton software. So there is something going on there which ought to be addressed. I am sure they will get to it, if they are proactive enough to find me and my little blog, they should see this coming up enough to put some people on it.

So there you go. Long story short: Thank you Spencer and Symantec for trying to do right by your customers! This blogger appreciates the effort you put in to seek out opportunities to make it right!

No comments: