Baby Growth Tracking

Saturday, November 10, 2007

I don't have a particular title in mind here. Random musings maybe?

So what is new in our world today? I guess the big thing for Aiden is his latest reactions to Grandma Perez. I am not sure at what age babies typically go through the "scared of strangers" routine, but two of the last three nights I have dropped Aiden off to stay with his grandma while I went to work until Raquel could go pick him up. Both times he cried and cried. Gonna give grandma a complex if he keeps it up. Good thing she has a lot of patience. Having raised three children I suppose she is wise to Aiden's tricks.


It was really funny tonight when I dropped him off His Aunt Ruth was there as well, Ruth was holding him and as soon as he saw his grandma he popped out his lower lip in that "I'm not happy and I am about to bust out a cry" look. It's interesting to see what kind of facial expressions come naturally to a baby versus what we learn from society. I woulda figured the thrust out lower lip was just something people picked up on from other people, but Aiden has taught me otherwise. Somehow that is a natural sign of displeasure.

Just a couple of pictures to share with you tonight. This first one was taken about 26 seconds after the start of the football game tonight.
The second one would be with 2 minutes left to play after Illinois got ANOTHER first down conversion on third down to keep the ball for the final 8:09, keeping Ohio State from even having a chance to tie the game.


Okay, so that isn't really the timeline of the pictures, but they fit huh. I think Ohio State forgot they had a game to play today. The practice squad could have beaten them the way they played. If they play that way again next week they will go from spending the first week of January in New Orleans for the National title game straight to spenidng New Years in Orlando with the glorious Capital One Bowl. Let's hope they right the ship and beat Michigan and at least get to go to Pasadena for the Rose Bowl.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute little Buckeye booster! I made sure Great Grandpa knew this was out there!

Also, hope Aiden doesn't have the same reaction to this grandma as he does to Grandma Perez :-( Glad she is taking it in stride.

MIMI

Unknown said...

So now Ruthhas a HTML tag that links to a book called "Surviving Aunt Ruth"??? What are you trying to say about my wife??? lol

Anonymous said...

Perhaps it is not Grandma so much as he's beginning to realize that going to Grandma's means Daddy is going to go bye-bye without him?