Baby Growth Tracking

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

too much of a good thing

So remember yesterday I mentioned trying to get Aiden started on solids with some rice cereal. Yeah.. well all told he probably had at least two and possibly three times as much rice cereal yesterday as a typical day. That's a BAD thing for little tummies that aren't used to that much solid in them. We had a pretty rough go of things last night with Aiden just really uncomfortable trying to pass all that rice. We gave him lots of Apple-Prune juice and lots of attention, and he just continued to grump. Not much sleep for any of us.

He slept quite a bit today once he had had some good dirty diapers this morning. We just hope that doesn't mean he won't sleep tonight. As a precaution we did not give him any rice cereal at all today. We'll see how that goes over.

While I did not try solids with him again today, I did give him one of his spoons to play with. He stuck it in his mouth pretty good, so eventually I think he will do fine with solids. Just gotta get him used to the idea of taking stuff off the spoon and swallowing it.

I've been a bit lax on picture taking the last couple of days, so I will have to get some taken soon to post more. Need some 4 month old pics. hehe.

Hopefully we'll all get some sleep tonight as both mommy and I have to work tomorrow. We're going with bouncer in our room one more time so that we can take care of him without actually getting up. We'll see how it goes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seems like you guys are having a pretty rough time of it. That rice cereal just isn't agreeing with your son. Why not try another cereal?

Looking at your site, it seems like you have several things of interest that might be up for discussion with other new parents. Is it possible for you to create a forum, instead of just comments like this one? I know I could use some moral support once in a while with my little ones.

Good luck with your blog and your boy!